NADFAS Heritage Volunteers are teams of committed non-specialist volunteers who work under the guidance of curators and other professionals to help conserve our heritage.
NADFAS Heritage Volunteers undertake projects for museums, National Trust properties, historic houses, libraries and gardens. They give their time to care for collections, record documents and act as guides and stewards.
Current projects include:
- On-site conservation of books, manuscripts, archives and maps
- Cataloguing documents and archival listing
- Conservation of arms and armour, medals and military silver
- Preventative conservation of textiles, replica work and creation of period costumes
- Guiding and stewarding in museums, historic houses and gardens
If you would like to know more about Heritage Volunteering, please contact Heather Montford tel. 020 8948 0907 or email@example.com.